The Career Counseling & Placement Services (CC&PS) office seeks to...provide guidance, resources, and opportunities to School of Chemical Sciences job seekers to help them achieve their career aspirations relevant to their academic interests and to facilitate and support connections between employers and those job seekers.
Available Programs & Services
- SCS Symplicity Recruiting System
- On-Campus Employment Interviews
- Collaborative Campus Career Fairs
- Résumé/CV and Cover Letter Assistance
- Educational Philosophy Critiques
- Mock Interview Program
- Career Advising
- Academic and Industrial Job Search Coaching
- Negotiation and Networking Support
- Cooperative Education and Internship Program
- Company Literature Library
- Job Search Handouts and Salary Survey Information
2012-2013 Goals and Action Plans/Recommendations
- Assist undergraduate and graduate students and postdocs with their career development and job search processes.
- Continue to build viable networking relationships with employers in order to facilitate their hiring of Chemical Sciences students.
- Work to enhance collaboration among campus career services offices and with SCS faculty members to address the career development and employment needs of undergraduate & graduate students and postdocs.
- Become the premier chemical sciences career services office with respect to peer institutions.