Graduate Student Academic Hourly Position
The School of Chemical Sciences Career Services Office seeks to fill a Grad-hourly position for Fall 2015 (with the potential for continued employment depending on the budget and office needs). The SCS Career Services office seeks to…provide guidance, resources, and opportunities to School of Chemical Sciences job seekers to help them achieve their career aspirations relevant to their academic interests and to facilitate and support connections between employers and those job seekers.
- Maintain regular office hours in order to meet the needs of scheduled and drop-in students who seek assistance with résumés, cover letters, career fair and interview preparation, and job/internship search assistance
- Conduct mock interviews for students seeking employment and admission into graduate/professional school
- Assist with critiquing online résumé submissions
- Support Recruiting Coordinator in developing content for bi-weekly Career Services newsletter and social media platforms
- Develop and implement career events and workshops with assistance/guidance of student and professional staff
- Contribute to generation of employment leads through ongoing and new relationships with employers
- Provide general office support and other duties as assigned
- Seeking a dependable graduate student whose professional goals align with that of the job description…ideal candidates may likely be enrolled in academic programs associated with higher education, human resources, counseling, and other related disciplines
- Strong leadership, communication, and customer service skills are required
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to integrate technology with the delivery of career services, utilize database management systems, social media, and web-based applications
- Knowledge of School of Chemical Sciences will be helpful, but not required
- Understanding of current career, employment, and market trends preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience working in career/student services
Hours and Pay:
Approximately 10-12 hours/week, based on need and appointment schedule. The hourly wage ranges from $12.00 – $14.00 and is dependent upon previous relevant experience. This is a graduate hourly position, so no tuition waiver/scholarship is included.
How to Apply: Interested candidates must submit resume and cover letter via email to Patricia Simpson, email@example.com, by Friday, May 15, 2015. Please put “Career Services Grad Hourly Application” in the subject line. Interviews are slated to occur during the week of May 13, 2013, depending upon availability of candidates. Anticipated start date is August 17, 2015 for training.
For more information:
Please direct all questions to:
Director, SCS Career Services